Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lets have a water fight!


I had a thought with a few other Volunteers recently and it has come back into my thoughts a few times since.

We were talking about how much fun the kids would have with a water fight here. And a few of us mentioned how we had thought of asking for water balloons from america to do said activity. And then we were like ... Obviously not!! It is always a water conservation game here, even in a house with running water.

Americans have sooo much water we have water fights!! We all laughed. Its so true. All of the efforts gone to conserve here make these people such small wasters of anything.

And then i thought about taking the kids here to a water park. A FREAKING WATER PARK. I chuckle right now thinking how preposterous that is here. what an insane concept here. they would love the crap out of it though, oh my gosh.

The other day I bought 3 talibe kids some new jelly sandals and they looked SO adorable. all in their fresh white jellies. I saw one of em the next day and he had the BIGGEST smile.

How can you say no to a little dirty child who begs for money every day when he asks for a pair of shoes? How? I can't. Jer and I had been hanging out with them for over an hour before they asked too, and only one of em did. I was like damn it you dont have any shoes, of course we will get you some. You and your lil buddies.

One thing I have learned here is sharing. At a time when I have the least money-wise, I have indeed picked up the Senegalese trait of sharing what I do have. I am proud of that at least.

I am also a little nervous to come back for vacation so broke!

Nonetheless, I am so excited to come back. September :)

No comments: